Industrial Engineer I will support the Industrial Engineering Department in planning, designing, implementing and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site.
Main focus: conducts studies to determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommends methods for maximum utilization of production equipment and personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and continuously improve daily quality/efficiency performance for assigned areas.
- Design and procure production tooling, processing equipment and workstations.
- Coordinate layout and workstation move activities.
- Prepares time estimates for proposed projects and evaluates time factors.
- Minimize change over time by ensuring programs use common set-ups where possible.
- Verify that machine maintenance is being performed on schedule.
- Reduce machine-generated scrap by monitoring machine management data and taking corrective action to improve or correct the operations.
- Reduce manual assembly scrap by monitoring quality data and taking corrective action to improve or correct the operations.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, etc.)
- Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
- Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to implement continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
- Good communication skills
Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.